Click on image for details. Latex allergy might be attributed to skin contact or inhalation of latex particles. Latex allergy is an IgE-mediated hypersensitivity to NRL, presenting a wide range of clinical symptoms such as angioedema, swelling, cough, asthma, and anaphylactic reactions.
Latex allergy is a reaction to certain proteins found in natural rubber latex, a product made from the rubber tree. If you have a latex allergy, your body mistakes latex for a harmful substance. Latex allergy may cause itchy skin and hives or even anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening condition that can cause throat swelling and severe difficulty breathing.
Latex is found in a variety of products, from everyday household items to many articles used in routine medical and dental care. An allergic reaction to natural rubber latex is actually a reaction to a protein contained in the sap of the Brazilian rubber tree Hevea brasiliensis. This sap is used in manufacturing latex products.
Natural rubber latex comes from a liquid in tropical rubber trees. This liquid is processed to make many of the following rubber products used at home and at work:. This reaction can range from sneezing to anaphylactic shock.
Contact with these products can cause an allergic reaction. Some people have allergic reactions by breathing in latex fibers in the air. Some people have allergic reactions from skin contact with latex.
This small O-link Latex Allergy medical alert bracelet is stylish, super cute and a great compliment to any outfit. This medical alert bracelet is fashioned with very small and light weight O-links. The bracelet is made with stainless steel which makes it very strong and durable.